Student falls to death after eating pot cookie

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER (AP) — A coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death in Denver after eating a marijuana cookie.

An autopsy report released Wednesday says marijuana intoxication was a contributing factor in the death of 19-year-old Levi Thamba Pongi on March 11 in a fall from a motel balcony.

Authorities say Pongi got the cookie from a friend. Police ruled the death an accident but haven’t released the findings of their investigation.

Colorado law bans the sale of recreational marijuana products to people under 21. Authorities say one of Pongi’s friends was old enough to buy the cookie.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Pongi, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes as an exchange student in January.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

9 comments

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.