- clean pork skin
- Oil for frying
- Chocolate, tempered
- Bourbon, to taste
- Orange zest
- Sea salt
1) Rinse pork skin and cut into manageable pieces of 6"x6"
2) Simmer skins 2 hour in water, let cool.
3) Using a spoon or scraper, remove any excess fat or protein from the skin.
4) In a dehydrator, let dry slowly at 140 for 18 hours. Then an additional 12 hours at 120.
5) Break the dried skin into small fragments and fry in 350 degree oil until puffy and floating.
6) Temper chocolate over a double boiler, add bourbon and stir until glossy and smooth.
7) Drizzle over fried Chicharrones and sprinkle with orange zest and sea salt.
Bacon & Bourbon festival
-Thurs. 6:30-9:30 p.m.
-THE GUILD 1621 LOCUST ST.