KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Firefighters were battling a blaze that spread to two homes near East 29th and Brooklyn Wednesday morning.
There were no words of injuries.
FOX 4's John Pepitone spoke to the homeowner whose home first caught fire.
"I was facing south and I smelled some wires burning and when I went to my prayer room it went, 'Whooh'," he described the powerful sound. "Then some man in a blue truck saw me coming out and he pulled my from my residence," said Roy Lee Simms Jr., homeowner.
A J.E. Dunn worker actually saw the fire and stepped into help. Preston Dees said the man is fortunate.
"Maybe it was his day to see another one. I hope to think that," said Dees. "Did I make the right decision stopping him and turning him around? Maybe this time, yeah."
Firefighters told FOX 4 that when they arrived on the scene, they did notice some arcing and sparking from the homes, but had not yet determined that it started because of an electrical problem.