Watch Live: Prosecutors hold news conference after Missouri farmer charged with murdering Wisconsin brothers

Video shows children getting electric jolt from swimming pool

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

It’s three minutes of video that may make you cringe — children unable to escape a pool as it becomes electrically charged. The incident happened at the Palm West Garden Apartments in Hialeah, Fla.

In the video, one girl is seen touching the hand rail and then she suddenly freezes after feeling the jolt. A man gets shocked as he pulls her out. People run to safety, but another girl appeared to be paralyzed. She reportedly lost consciousness.

A preliminary investigation pointed to unconnected ground wires in the pool pump house. The pool passed a 40-year inspection last year. It also passed two Health Department inspections with requirements that the pool be up to electrical code.

The pool has been drained and remains closed.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.