Three Bean Pasta recipe
- 1 pound medium or wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, onion and bell pepper. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Toss pasta with dressing and serve.
Nutrition Facts per serving: calories, 374; protein, 14.7 g; carbohydrates, 59.6 g; fat, 9.3 g; cholesterol, 0 mg
SOURCE: Recipe courtesy of National Pasta Organization. For more information about pasta, visit www.ilovepasta.org