Fourth of July celebrations around the KC Metro area
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — This is a comprehensive list of Independence Day fireworks celebrations in and around Kansas City. If you do not see what you are looking for, you may try to visit the visitkc.com website.
Friday, July 4
KC River Fest
- Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park, 1298 Riverfront Dr.
- Come before 3 p.m. for music, food and family entertainment, and get in for free. Admission is $5. Click here for more.
Jackson County’s Fourth of July Celebration
- At Longview lake beginning at 5 p.m.
- Enjoy the water views, live music, sky divers, concessions and the colorful fireworks finale. Free. Click here for more.
Star Spangled Spectacular
- 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. in Overland Park/Corporate Woods
- Fireworks Spectacular Presented by The City of Overland Park, Kansas Simulcast Music KCMO 710AM & 103.7FM. Click here for more info.
Parkville July 4th Celebration
- Fireworks are planned for 9:45 p.m. Friday night, but the celebration begins long before that. Historic Downtown Parkville kicks off the annual July Fourth Celebration on Wednesday July 2 in the parking lot at the south end of Main Street. Click here for the schedule.
Liberty 4th Fest
- Fireworks start at 9:45 p.m., but before that there’s a parade (at 10 a.m.) and a Corvette Show. The fireworks blast off from William Jewell College Greene Stadium. Click here for more info.
Gladstone Independence Day Celebration- Oak Grove Park
- The evening begins at 7:00 p.m. with a concert by the Toni Gates Ensemble followed with a concert by the North Star Community Band, presentation of the Colors and a magnificent fireworks display at dusk. Parking will be available at Oak Park High School. To ensure your safety, Gladstone Public Safety Officers will be directing traffic. Reminder: Gladstone ordinances prohibit discharging fireworks within the city limits. Click here.
Raymore Independence Day & Fireworks
- 1021 S. Madison, Raymore, Mo.
- The event begins at 4 p.m. in Recreation Park. There will be live music, a classic car show, and fireworks will begin at dusk.
Red White and Blue Springs
- At Blue Springs H.S. (2000 NW Ashton Dr. Blue Springs, Mo.) Gates open at 6 p.m. Fireworks begin around 9:30 p.m. Click here for more.
- Worlds of Fun is celebrating America the whole month of July with a huge fireworks show on Friday, July 4 (PLUS every Friday and Saturday in July!!)
- Fireworks begin at 10 pm.
- July 4th Twilight ticket: $36.99 plus tax. Click here for more.
Click here for Independence Day celebration ideas from KC Parent Magazine and watch the interview below.