Brian Bock, of Bock's Steam Star demonstrated homemade remedies for cleaning up dog and cat messes in the home. Below is his recipe for the spot removal procedure along with the ingredients.
Ammonia - Undiluted, clear not sudsy, household ammonia.
Detergent - Mix ¼ teaspoon clear, see-through hand dish washing detergent with 1 cup warm water- not hot.
Hydrogen Peroxide/Ammonia - Mix ½ cup hydrogen peroxide (3% solution available in drug stores) with 1 tsp undiluted ammonia.
White Vinegar - Undiluted distilled white vinegar
Recommended Spot Removal Procedures:
1. Scrape or blot up excess with a white cotton towel.
2. Apply neutral detergent solution with a damp towel; leave on for 3 to 5 minutes. Blot; don’t rub.
3. If stain is removed, blot then apply a pad of weighted paper towels. If stain is not removed, continue as follows.
4. Apply hydrogen peroxide/ammonia solution; let stand for 2 to 3 hours under a weighted sheet of plastic wrap.
5. Repeat application of hydrogen peroxide/ammonia solution (see above for measurements) and allow drying under weighted plastic wrap until removal.
6. Apply water with damp towel.
7. Blot; finish with weighted pad of paper towels.
8. To neutralize the area, apply white vinegar only after stain is removed.