Greek Salad Wrap
12 servings: 1 wrap (1 wrapper, ½ cup salad)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon Greek Kalamata olive juice (optional)
- ¾ pound 3oz. Lettuce, romaine
- ¾ pound tomatoes, diced or coarsely chopped
- ¼ large red onion, thinly sliced or diced (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- 3 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons olives, pitted, sliced (black or Greek Kalamata)
- 12 flour tortillas, 10-inch
1. Add lemon juice, Kalamata olive juice (if using), Parmesan cheese, mint and garlic to a bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until combined.
2. Trim, shred and rough chop the lettuce, wash and dry thoroughly.
3. Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onions (if using), cucumbers, feta cheese and olives with the dressing.
4. Steam the tortillas for 3 minutes until warm. (If not using immediately, cool, them cover with foil to keep them moist until ready for use). (If tortillas are soft this step is not necessary).
5. Lay out the tortillas and top each with ½ cup salad mixture.
6. Fold the right and left sides of the tortilla into the center.
7. Roll the tortilla away from you, until all the contents are enclosed.
8. Cut diagonally each tortilla in half and secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
9. Chill and serve as soon as possible after preparation.