Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine oil, egg, sugar, bananas, and buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing cake from pan.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 187, Total Fat 10g, Sodium 210mg, Carbohydrate 23g, Protein 2g