Woman injured in house fire, dog treated at scene

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A woman believed to be in her 80s was taken to the hospital after suffering unknown injuries in a house fire Tuesday afternoon in the 500 block of Donnelly.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire is likely due to the woman smoking a cigarette near an oxygen tank.

Firefighters also treated the woman’s dog at the scene, reviving him with an oxygen mask. The dog is expected to be okay.

dog dog2 firetrucks