Health Dept. suspends Kansas City restaurant after finding multiple violations

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — One Kansas City restaurant has been suspended after health code violations were found.

After a small fire started Hong’s Buffet, located in the 6100 block of Barry Road, inspectors from the Kansas City Health Department visited the site as is standard procedure.

While the restaurant did not sustain significant fire damage, inspectors found several health code violations that subsequently led to its suspension. According to Jeff Hershberger with the Health Department, violations included raw meat stored out of temperature, rice left in cookers overnight, food left cooking overnight in a wok and the walk-in freezer door was standing open, among other things.

The Health Department has suspended Hong’s food permit as a result. The establishment may not prepare, serve or sell food until they have corrected all violations, developed and submitted a corrective action plan for how they will avoid having these violations in the future and have passed an inspection by the Health Department.