Green beans, cherry tomatoes & potatoes with herb butter
- 3 cups fresh green beans (cut into 1 ½ - inch pieces)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare herb butter, and refrigerate.
- Once butter is firm slice into ½ - inch wide discs.
- Prepare vegetables once butter is firm.
- Wash & snap green beans. Drop beans in boiling, salted water (about 6 cups of water and 3 Tablespoons salt). Boil 5 minutes, remove from boiling water and plunge in ice water to immediately stop cooking).
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cubed potatoes and saute approximately 5 minutes.
- Add blanched green beans, garlic and onion saute for 5 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Serve mixture on platter. Top with slices of herb butter before serving.
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, or by hand.
- Transfer to sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap, roll into a log and twist ends to seal (like a candy wrapper).
- Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.
Herb butter can be frozen for up to one month.