Take advantage of fresh, local tomatoes while they are in season. Enjoy this cool, fresh salad as a meal or a light side at a backyard barbecue.
- 2 ½ - 3 lbs mixed varieties Heirloom Tomatoes, diced in bite-sized chunks (gold, big orange, chocolate, Cherokee purple, and red barn are among the varieties we have used)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
- ¼ cup finely minced shallots
- Juice of ½ Fresh Lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over tomato chunks and sprinkle slivers of fresh basil over top.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Serve over a bed of fresh greens, garnish with feta cheese crumbles