KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Mayor Sly James sent a message to Baltimore. The mayor joined other Kansas Citians for a video shoot Friday on the steps of city hall.
The video is heading to Baltimore as part of a bet between the two cities.
If the Royals win the ALCS, the mayor has asked for, among other things, Baltimore to rename the crab cakes: Royal Blue Crab Cakes.
If the Orioles win, the mayor of Baltimore wants Baltimore Avenue, currently Royals Avenue, to be renamed Baltimore Orioles Avenue.
Read the full list of demands here:
When Baltimore loses, Mayor James has asked Mayor Rawlings-Blake to:
- Rename her city’s blue crab cakes to “Royal blue crab cakes” until the World Series ends and send some to his office;
- Travel to Kansas City and read to local students as part of Turn the Page KC third grade reading initiative; and
- Post an online video of her singing John Long’s parody version of Lorde’s hot single “Royals.”
In return, Mayor Rawlings-Blake requested the following:
- Rename Baltimore Avenue - currently “Royals Avenue” - to “Baltimore Orioles Avenue” until the World Series begins;
- Post a video, dressed head to toe in full Orioles gear, to congratulate the Baltimore Orioles and the residents of Baltimore on “CRUSHING” the Royals;
- Light Kansas City’s City Hall orange until the World Series begins;
- Donate indoor fitness balls and jump ropes to promote physical fitness among youth at our recreations centers; and
- Send a Gates Bar-B-Q President’s Tray