Kale Salad with Apple, Cranberries and Walnuts
All you need:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 oz) package organic kale mix
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/3 c. chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. julienned red onion
- 1/4 c. crumbled goat cheese
All you do:
1. To make vinaigrette, combine vinegar, cider, honey and Dijon mustard in a small
bowl; whisk in olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a jar and shake to create an emulsion.
2. In a large bowl, toss kale, apple, walnuts, cranberries and red onion. Top with goat cheese. Slowly drizzle enough vinaigrette over the salad mix to lightly coat; toss and serve immediately.
National Food Day on Fri., Oct. 24 is a celebration of healthy, sustainable, affordable food. Earth Day and Food Day both began in the early 1970s. While Earth Day celebrations took hold, Food Day languished. It was revived in 2011 under the auspices of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Food Day began in Greater Kansas City that same year, coordinated by a committed group of local nonprofits, businesses and individuals with a passion for healthy, sustainable, affordable food.