Believe it or not, 'tis the season for holiday apps. Brenda Hill from Verizon Wireless discusses apps useful during the holidays. Hill also briefed us on 'Connection Day' -- when anyone with any mobile device can get special offers. Connection Day is Nov. 26.
Snag A Job – Android (Free)
- Seasonal jobs are a great way to earn some extra chase, but this app helps personalize the search and makes the application process quick and easy.
- Search jobs by location, industry, job title and company.
- Start a profile, input your resume information and apply in just a few clicks
- Get daily alerts with jobs that match your search criteria, save jobs for future applications and personalize your applications with a 30 second video!
BlackFriday! – Apple and Android (Free)
- Shopping Black Friday circular ads on your mobile device makes it easier to manage your list and find the best deals.
- Set alerts so you never miss the best price on the season's hot items.
- Create wish lists on the go, and organize them by store and category so you don't miss a thing.
- Search all the flyers for the best deal on a specific item, ensuring you never overpay.
- Mark your favorite stores so their up-to-date deals are right at your fingertips.
Substitutions – Apple ($1.99)
- Take the stress out of cooking for a crowd. It has solutions for every dietary need, and can help you survive forgetting an item at the grocery store.
- Get substitutions for popular ingredients you may need to avoid – quickly find ways to make a recipe suitable for guests who are lactose intolerant, gluten free, or allergic to nuts.
- See substitution suggestions if you run out of something, or can't put your finger on an uncommon ingredient. For example, apple sauce often makes a great substitute for butter or oil in a dessert recipe, and even improves the taste!
- Look up ways to make a recipe low carb, low far or low sodium without revamping the entire recipe.
Waze – Apple, Android and Windows (Free)
- If you're hitting the stores to shop for Black Friday, or anytime throughout December, crowds in and around shopping centers can be hectic.Waze helps you locate and avoid sticky traffic problems, making it easier for you to get your shopping done without the hassle.
- GPS navigation helps find the quickest, best route to your destination.
- Report traffic problems, like a pile up on the road, an icy overpass, or a traffic stop.
- See traffic slow-downs other "wazers" in your area have reported, helping you avoid a jam.
- Find the nearest, cheapest gas stations to help save time and money when you have to fill up!