Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the top shopping days of the year.
Everyone loves a good deal, but how do you know what you’re about to purchase is really a steal?
Use the power of the internet to your advantage! Rich DeMuro never buys anything online or in store without a quick price check or promo code search. These are his favorite ways to do it:
- Coupon Sherpa – If there’s a promo code or printable coupon for a store, chances are this site has it. Download the mobile app and check for coupons on the go.
- Slickdeals – The best community driven deal site. Nothing gets past this group of dedicated deal seekers. They post the best deals they find, then vote up the ones that are actually worth it. Plus, every deal is explained in detail so you know exactly why it’s worth it. Slickdeals also lists coupon codes – just search for a retailers name and click on their logo.
- The Amazon App – Best if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Use it to price check anything you’re about to buy. The app recognizes bar codes as well as products – try aiming it at a label and see what happens!
- Red Laser – The next best UPC scanning app after Amazon. Red Laser checks prices at a wide range of retailers – both online and in-store. Don’t buy anything without scanning it on this app first! (It’s owned by eBay so it will often show eBay prices first, but it has good information for a wide range of retailers)
- Raise.com – Buy gift cards at a discount, or sell the ones you get from friends and family for cash! Their new iOS app allows you to instantly buy and use gift cards right from your phone (AKA, buy them while you wait in the checkout line at the store for instant savings!) Use code REWARD5 at signup for $5 free [referral]
Like this info? Why not share it with your friends on Facebook?