Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
(Makes 10 servings)
- 2 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 96, Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 118 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 2g