Della Lamb's Operation Santa is in dire need this holiday season. The program collects toys to fill the needs of more than 1,700 low income families across the metro. The Operation Santa program is in its 40th year. And while the need is great, time is running out.
Della Lamb just fed hundreds of families over Thanksgiving, but the need never ends.
Currently, Della Lamb needs the following:
1) Need more than 3,000 toys for 2,800+ kids, so all will have one and the parents have a choice when choosing gifts for their kids.
2) Items of need besides new toys (large or small), including children's books, clothing (all sizes), and filled stockings for children. Clothing can included socks, underwear, gloves, scarfs, and sweat suits.
3) Greatest shortage of toys is in the $15 range.
4) Cash donations are also welcomed of course. A $50 donation provides a complete Christmas for an entire family including new toys, clothes, groceries and turkey.
5) Gifts of household items for mom, dad, grandparents are also welcomed.
Operation Santa distributes goods to families Dec. 12-13 and continues on Dec. 15-17.