PARKVILLE, Mo. -- Richard DeLozier with Aura Hair Studio and Boutique, 164 South Main Street, showed FOX 4's Kim Byrnes some "knotty and nice" holiday hairdos.
Watch the video in the player above for the techniques.
And follow these tips below. Find Richard Delozier on facebook.
-KNOTTY AND NICE
This is a quick, fun modern look that’s waaaay easier than it looks. Here’s how:
· Make 3 horizontal sections and secure them into 3 ponytails with elastic bands.
· Knot or twist each ponytail and secure with small hairpins.
· Leave random bits for texture variation and finish by spraying with a light hold hairspray.
-LONG SOFT TEXTURED UP-DO’S AND ACCESSORIES
· Gather your hair into a low ponytail. This can be in the middle or the side
· Separate out one or two sections varying in size. Braid one that a bit tight and neat. The second section can be a little larger and braid in but
pull the braid apart to mess it up and secure it using an elastic ties. At this point, you just gather it all up and soft twist it together.
· Use bobby pins to secure the braided hair and lightly pull at the hair so it creates a worn-in effect to the hairstyle. This is also a great technique
to frame your face.
-TOP KNOTS/MESSY BUNS AND ON OFF DUTY BALLERINAS
The messy top knot is a sure thing for a night out on the town. To be a little different, pull out a large section of bang and low side part