Fire escapes fireplace, whips up inside wall of Northland home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A fire escaped the fireplace in which it was supposed to stay contained and leaped up inside the home’s wall, causing a scare on the morning after Christmas.

The flames climbed to the second floor and into the attic of the home in the 9200 block of NE 112th Street in Kansas City’s Northland.

Two people escaped safely.

Related: Don’t let this house feature cause your home to catch fire

house fire firefighters fire in northland

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.