Kale and Bacon Stuffed Peppers
Makes 4 servings
- 2 bell peppers, seeded, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup kale
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange pepper halves in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bacon and kale, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon vegetables into pepper halves.
- Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl until well blended.
- Pour evenly over vegetable mixture in pepper halves.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top peppers with cheese and return to oven.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each pepper with 2 Tbsp. salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 435; Fat 8.25 g; Protein 15 g; Carbohydrates 4g; Sodium 541 mg