Seared Sea Scallops
8 jumbo sea scallops
1 teaspoon blackening spice
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
6 spritz extra virgin olive oil, in spray bottle
½ juice of fresh lemon
• Heat non-stick skillet on medium high. Spritz pan four times with extra virgin olive oil.
• Pat scallops dry and season with blackening spice and salt.
• Add scallops to pan. Make sure that they are not touching, and do not stir or move. Sear scallops for 2 minutes, turn and sear for 2 more minutes.
• Squeeze lemon juice into pan with scallops to deglaze. Remove pan from heat.
• Arrange scallops on plate with grilled or roasted vegetables and a side dish, such as risotto.