Easy Weeknight Meals
One of the biggest barriers to eating healthfully is lack of time to prepare meals. Hy-Vee dietitian, Lindsay Nelson, will talk about tips on menu planning and easy weeknight meals that can be prepped in 15 minutes or less.
How to eat wholesome meals during the week:
1. Make a meal plan.
2. Make a shopping list.
3. Do most of your food prepping on one day of the week.
15-Minute Prep Meal Ideas
1. Homemade pizza (whole wheat crust, pizza sauce, low-fat mozzarella cheese, uncured turkey pepperoni, lots of chopped vegetables) + pre-made bagged salad.
2. Grilled cheese sandwiches (whole wheat bread, Laughing Cow cheese, cheddar cheese and olive oil) + low-sodium tomato soup + steamed broccoli.
3. Pan seared fish (add seasonings to fish and pan sear with olive oil) + instant brown rice + steamed veggies.
4. Chicken stir-fry (chopped chicken, frozen green beans, low-sodium teriyaki sauce, instant brown rice).
5. Shrimp salad (pre-made bagged salad, sautéed shrimp) + baked potato.