KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Even if your budget's tight, you don't have to sacrifice style. Thrift shopping isn't just a trend, it's a lifestyle.
Fashion blogger Lindsey Kupper stopped by with some ideas on making thrift shopping stylish.
Why Shop Thrift:
1. It`s a New Year - Everyone wants to Save Money and watch their budget
2. Eco friendly - Saving the Planet
3. Finding great treasures - from fashion to furniture
4. Items are quite reasonable and many have the original tags.
5. Supports the City Union Mission & Disabled American Veterans
By reusing clothing rather than disposing of it, reduces the need for growing more cotton or other materials needed to produce the fabric for making 100 million pounds of new clothes.
One hundred million pounds of municipal waste in the form of unwanted clothing is saved by shopping Thrift.
On Monday, January 19 there was a thrift store shopping event to benefit City Union Mission and disabled American veterans.