Watch Live: Prosecutors hold news conference after Missouri farmer charged with murdering Wisconsin brothers

Federal grand jury brings charges against man accused of arson in Ferguson riots

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Officers stand guard around the convenience store that police say Michael Brown allegedly robbed on the same evening that he was shot. Investigators removed a hard drive from the store hours after they released video from the shop's security camera. (Steve Kastenbaum/CNN)

(CNN) — Federal prosecutors are bringing charges in one of the fires in riots that destroyed businesses after the Michael Brown grand jury decision.

A federal grand jury indicted Antonio Whiteside, 26, charging him with the arson of the Ferguson Market, the spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in St. Louis said.

The market was the scene of a reported strong-armed robbery by Michael Brown shortly before his fatal confrontation with police officer Darren Wilson.

Police from St. Louis County, Ferguson and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives circulated surveillance camera pictures of a suspect wearing a camouflage jacket in connection with the fire.

Whiteside is that suspect, prosecutors allege, according to a U.S. law enforcement official briefed on the investigation. Investigators said he was seen using an accelerant to set fire to the market, the official said. He was arrested in January and the indictment was brought on Wednesday.

The Ferguson Market survived disturbances in August after the Brown shooting, but burned after the grand jury decision was announced in November. It continues to operate.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.