Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Quinoa
Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)
All you need:
- 1 ½ ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
All you do:
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix together walnuts and brown sugar.
- Pour quinoa, milk, water, butter and vanilla into a slow-cooker. Stir in the mashed bananas and walnut mixture.
- Set slow cooker to the LOW setting, and let it cook overnight or 6-8 hours. If needed, add additional liquid or sugar to the mixture to taste.
- Serve warm with additional sliced bananas for garnish if desired.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.nutritionfor.us