Sweet Potato Nachos
Makes 6 servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), makes 6 cups of rounds
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cover the baking pans with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about quarter-inch rounds).
- In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika.
- Spread evenly on prepared pan (might need two pans).
- Bake for 10 minutes and use spatula to flip the sweet potato rounds.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle beans and cheese over the sweet potatoes.
- Return to oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomato and avocado.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Total Fat: 5.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Protein: 6 g
Source: American Heart Association (www.heart.org)