KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- KU Medical Center has been named a recipient of a donation from Wheel of Fortune's Secret Santa Sweepstakes. On Thursday, Vanna White and Pat Sajak presented KU Med Center with a $10,000 donation from the Secret Santa.
For the first time in Wheel of Fortune's 32 seasons, the popular game show produced two weeks of shows that directly benefitted one charity in its fourth-annual "Secret Santa Sweepstakes." Each weeknight, from Dec. 8-19, members of the Wheel Watchers Club tuned in to see if their "Special Prize Identification Number" was revealed.
A Blue Rapids, Kan., resident who is also a Wheel of Fortune viewer and Wheel Watchers Club member saw his Spin I.D. revealed on the show. As promised, that meant he won the same cash and prizes as the contestant on the show. It also meant he got to become Secret Santa to a hospital in the Children's Miracle Network.
The University Kansas Medical Center was one of several hospitals across the nation to receive a donation.
• Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, Ill. - $10,000
• Arnold Palmer Medical Center, Orlando, Fla. - $40,750
• Beaumont Children’s Hospital, Detroit, Mich. - $71,200
• Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, Mass. - $10,000
• Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga. - $14,150
• Children’s Hospital Foundation, Oklahoma City, Okla. - $10,000
• Children’s Hospital at Memorial University Medical Center, Savannah, Ga. - $10,000
• Children’s Hospital of Richmond VCU, Richmond, Va. - $10,000
• Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Norfolk, Va. - $10,000
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis. - $25,450
• Children’s National Health System, Washington, D.C. - $10,000
• Children’s Specialized Hospital, New York, N.Y. - $10,900
• Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio - $10,000
• Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford, Conn. - $11,650
• Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, Austin, Tex. - $10,000
• Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine - $18,150
• Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, Minneapolis, Minn. - $28,655
• Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Providence, R.I. - $10,000
• Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich. - $10,000
• Johns Hopkins Children's Center, Baltimore, Md. - $20,000
• Medical University of South Carolina Children’s Hospital, Charleston, S.C. - $18,300
• St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Las Vegas, Nev. - $10,000
• Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Tex. - $10,000
• Valley Children’s Hospital, Fresno, Calif. - $10,000
• West Virginia University Children’s Hospital, Morgantown, W.Va. - $14,500
• Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y. - $11,950
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care.
During the 10-day sweepstakes last winter, more than 10 million viewers tuned in nightly and a total of $435,655 will be distributed a group of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across the country.
Wheel of Fortune airs weeknights at 6:30 p.m. on FOX 4.