KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Looking for a new dessert to take to all those summer parties headed your way? Then try these peanut butter balls.
1 cup peanut butter, creamy
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
Coating (cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts)
- Heat peanut butter and honey in the microwave until easily mixed, about 15-20 seconds. Stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flaxseed and coconut (if using) until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Form a rounded tablespoonful of the combined mixture into a ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all mixture is used. Roll each ball in whatever coating suits your preference: cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar and chopped peanuts are some ideas.
- Chill the plate of balls in the refrigerator to set for at least an hour, or overnight.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories: 121, Total fat: 8.5g, Saturated fat: 1.9g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 70mg, Carbohydrate: 8.6g, Protein: 4.6g