Boil orders issued for Clinton County, Edgerton and Atchison County
CLINTON COUNTY, Mo. — Public Water Supply District #4 issued a boil order for customers living northeast of Tri-County Line Raod and 240th St. Thursday afternoon.
The boil order stretches to Lathrop, Mirabile and Polo, Mo. The boil order is expected to last until Saturday around 4 p.m.
Another boil order was issued for Edgerton, Mo. and Atchison County Thursday afternoon. There was no word on how long the boil order in either of the towns would last.
The boil order in Atchison County is due to a water main break at a creek crossing. Health officials said they were concerned that creek water could enter the water system and contaminate drinking water.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment recommends that those who are under a boil order:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.