Viral video: Panda startled by bamboo stick

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDINBURGH -- A panda got the scare of a lifetime, all from a stick that puts the "boo" in bamboo.

The panda lives at the Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland.

After that fright, he lays back down in his hammock for a much needed rest.

Zoo officials say this particular panda is very peaceful and calm. He loves sleeping, eating, and a good back scratch.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.