Working For Blue — Donate now for protective police gear

Carbon monoxide exposure in downtown KC business sends two to hospital

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Firefighters responded to a potentially dangerous situation Monday afternoon at 2000 Central in Kansas City, Mo., where two people were suffering from carbon monoxide exposure. One was in critical condition, according to James Garrett with KCMO Fire Dept.

That address belongs to a public relations business called Sullivan Higdon & Sink.

An employee told FOX 4’s Shannon O’Brien that they have been doing construction on the first floor for several months, although investigators have not said that this was the source of the carbon monoxide.

The employee said they were in the middle of their day when they were quickly evacuated by firefighters in their full-gear. The employee saw others being taken out on stretchers.

There were reportedly several more people inside at the time who were removed. The call initially came in as an “ill party” who had shortness of breath.