Recipes from Lon and Stewart Lane:
Makes about 6 servings
- 10-ounce can limeade
- 10 ounces gin
- 1/2 can water (use limeade can)
- A touch of green food coloring
- 2 ounces Champagne to top (Prosecco or Sparkling Wine)
To make the cocktail:
Fill glass with crushed ice and pour in 4 ounces of gin mixture and top with 2 ounces of Champagne.
FRENCH POTATO SALAD
- 2 pounds new potatoes, unpeeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- Chardonnay for splashing potatoes
- 1 cup whole black olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped OR 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut into a 1/2-inch dice
To make the salad:
Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until fork tender, drain and splash with chardonnay.
Combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil and dill. Add to potatoes while still hot and then bring to room temperature. Add olives and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
Bring to room temperature the next day and add green onion and tomatoes. Check seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary.