KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Grill master Eric Harland is from Olathe, Kansas and recently appeared on “Live with Kelly and Michael.” Harland decided to show off the recipe he made for Kelly and Michael.
Citrus Moroccan chicken kebabs
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 bunch cilantro, leaves and stems
1/4 bunch thyme
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (3.5 lbs. total), cut into 1` - 1` ½ inch cubes
- Pulse cilantro, garlic, citrus zests, citrus juices, soy sauce, oil, salt and remaining scallions in a food processor or blender until a coarse puree forms. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Chill at least 30 minutes. NOTE: The longer the marinate stays on the better over night would be excellent.
- For the Rub: Rufus Teague Meat Rub
For the Grilling:
1. Kebab options:
- Whole Cherry Tomatoes - The kebab ends
- White or Red Onion - Cut in quarters
- Pineapple - Cut in square chunks
- Red, yellow and green peppers - Cut in large strips
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Thread chicken onto soaked wooden or metal skewers; season with all the dry ingredients.
3. Add Kebab options and brush with olive oil.
4. Grill until it’s browned and cooked through, turning occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until fully cooked or remove when chicken hits internal temp of 160-165.
Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
6-10 Fresh mushrooms
1/2 Cup of soft cream cheese
1/2 Cup of smoked ground sausage cooked and minced (or any ground breakfast sausage)
1/4 Cup of Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1. Clean and remove stems from mushrooms scrape inside to make a clean cavity into a mushroom cup
2. Heat skillet on medium high and add the minced garlic. Once garlic has released its essence, add sausage cook until brown. After sausage is done drain oil and in a medium size bowl, combine Sausage and Cream Cheese, mix in all dry ingredients, except Parmesan cheese. Once mixture is thoroughly mixed stuff each mushroom cap using spoon and pack it tight by hand.
3. Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom cap with parmesan cheese.
4. Place mushrooms on medium high heat on a clean and oiled grill grate for about 8 -10 minutes.