KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Coming up with a unique veggie dish for the holidays can be tough. Nutritional health coach from Natural Grocers Jourdan Mercurio visited FOX 4 to shared her recipe for pecan sweet potato bake.
Pecan sweet potato bake
• 1.5 cups cooked sweet potato, diced
• 4 eggs
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 banana, sliced
• ¼ cup pecans
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Instructions for pecans:
• Set oven to 375
• Mix pecans in melted coconut oil and ½ tsp cinnamon.
• Bake pecans on parchment paper for about 5 minutes.
• Crush into smaller crumbles to top sweet potato bake.
Instructions for sweet potato bake:
• Set oven to 400
• Place diced sweet potato, sliced banana, eggs, and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth consistency.
• Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish and top with pecan crumbles.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.