Christmas tree catches fire, forces mom and 3 children from KC home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A mother and three young children were being treated in an ambulance Thursday morning after a fire ripped through their home at 7th and Jackson.

There was significant damage to the floor's second floor home. The fire department said an electrical heater was too close to a Christmas tree, causing the tree to catch fire and then spread throughout the house.

The call came into the fire department at about 4 a.m. Thankfully, everyone got out safely. The Red Cross is helping the family.

FOX 4's Rob Collins on the scene of a fire in KCMO Thursday morning.

FOX 4's Rob Collins on the scene of a fire in KCMO Thursday morning.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.