Family in KC’s old northeast escapes burning home safely

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

No injuries were reported Monday morning when a home in Kansas City's old northeast caught on fire.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A family living in Kansas City’s old northeast is safe Monday after a portion of their home caught on fire.

The fire started on the second floor of a home near Smart and Askew just before 4 a.m.

Firefighters told FOX 4 that the family was inside of the home, but they were able to get out safely.

Firefighters did have to rescued at least one person from the top floor of the home.

No injuries were reported, but the home was damaged.