KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Foodies love Kansas City Restaurant Week. Executive chef of The Capital Grille, Clark Grant,visited FOX 4 to share one of his favorite recipes that will be featured on the Restaurant Week menu.
Click here for the full list of restaurants participating in Restaurant Week.
CARAMELIZED SHALLOT BUTTER
- 2 Sticks Whole Butter, salted
- 1 Tbsp Butter, Clarified
- 1 Cup Shallot, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- ½ tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp White Wine
- Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
- Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point, and add the shallots.
- Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with ½ tsp of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
- 1 ea 18 oz Dry Aged Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Rub
- 1 oz Shallot Butter
- Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a “crust”.
- Grill the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
- Top the sirloin with the butter and allow the sirloin to “rest” for 5 minutes
- Carve the sirloin from the bone (if applicable) and slice it into 9-10 pieces.
- Place the slices on a warm serving platter.
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Decaffeinated Coffee, Ground
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Salt