OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — An update was provided Monday on the norovirus outbreak at the New Theatre restaurant in Overland Park.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment says more than 600 people have now reported norovirus symptoms after eating at the dinner theater between January 15 through 19.
Crews came in and deep cleaned the restaurant on Friday.
KDHE recommends the following steps to mitigate the spread of the virus:
Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds:
- Before, during and after preparing food
- Before and after eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
The KDHE wants anyone who attended the New Theatre Restaurant to fill out a questionnaire. The online survey is available by clicking here.
Anyone with questions about the outbreak may call 1-877-427-7317- the KDHE Epidemiology Hotline.