KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- If you are a pet owner, you're often looking for ways to spoil your furry friend. FOX 4's Kathy Quinn takes you inside Three Dog Bakery for a few recipes you can make to share with your pooch.
Banana Mutt Cookies – makes about 20 mutt pleasers
1 ½ cups ripe mashed bananas
½ tsp vanilla
3 cups oats
½ cup chopped peanuts
¼ cup applesauce
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Mix all ingredients thoroughly
• Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet, press flat with a fork.
• Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then cool on a rack before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Let Em’ Eat Cake – makes 8 devouringly-good slices of pawty cake
2 cups water
¼ cup mashed bananas
1/8 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. honey
3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup dried bananas
½ tbsp. baking powder
8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
3 tsp. carob powder
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a bowl, mix together water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey.
• In a separate bowl, combine flour, dried bananas and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
• Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
• Pour into 8-inch greased cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• To make the frosting, beat all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
• Spread over the cake and decorate it with pieces of crushed dried banana. Store in an airtight container.