Lee’s Summit driver examination facility evacuated after reports of gas leak
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — Employees at a driver examination building near Volburn and Independence in Lee’s Summit, Mo., were evacuated Wednesday morning after reports of a gas leak.
Employees say they smelled gas when they arrived at work around 7 a.m. The building was evacuated but not injures were reported.
Employees were allowed back inside the building around 10:15 a.m., and testing began for the day after being placed on hold due to the leak.