KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In order for kids to be a champion in the classroom, they need to eat healthy. Registered dietitian and Royals' team nutritionist, Mitzi Dulan, visited FOX 4 on Monday, August 15 to share a few fun snack ideas she says the boys in blue love as well as her two kiddos.
Here's some of Mitzi's favorites:
1. Yumbutter- healthy nutbutters in a fun squeezeable go-anywhere pouch that are great to put on a banana or apples.
2. SimplyFUEL Protein Balls- Eric Hosmer’s favorite snack and perfect either in your kiddos lunch or after school. Also perfect for young athletes who have sports after school.
3. Frozen Grapes- super simple, delicious and refreshing and taste like mini sorbets. Grapes are also a great way to help hydrate your body.
4. Wholly Guacamole Minis- available at Costco. These are perfect for dipping a few better-few you chips or vegetables like carrots.
5. Watermelon Water- one of my faves that is super refreshing and lower in sugar with about 45% less than orange juice.