KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- On a busy Election Day, you might be thinking about grabbing dinner to go, but it doesn't take much to make a healthy meal. Sam Samimi with Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen visited FOX 4 to demonstrate a simple recipe for blackened tilapia with mango salsa.
Blackened Tilapia with Mango Salsa
• 1 Tilapia Fillet
• 1 tbsp - Butter
• 1 tsp - Blackening Seasoning
• ½ cup - Cooked Rice
• 2 fl oz - Mango Salsa
1. Brush melted butter on both sides of tilapia and shrimp and season both sides with blackening seasoning.
2. Place tilapia in a hot cast iron skillet and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Turn over tilapia and add shrimp to the skillet to cook.
4. Cook tilapia for an additional 2-3 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
5. Cook shrimp 1 ½ minutes on each side until the temperature reaches 145°F.
6. Remove from pan and place tilapia on a bed of rice and the shrimp on top of the fish.
7. Spoon mango over shrimp and serve.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.