Holiday shipping deadlines you need to know to ensure your gifts arrive on time
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — December is a busy month for the shipping industry as people are trying to make purchases via online shopping or ensure that they get gifts to loved ones before Christmas.
Here are the 2016 Holiday Shipping Deadlines for the major carriers.
- Ground-Friday, Dec. 16
- First Overnight, Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight -Thursday, Dec. 22
- Same Day City (Standard)-Friday, Dec. 23
- Same Day, Same Day City (Priority)-Sunday, Dec. 25
For domestic delivery for Christmas by Friday, Dec. 23, ship via:
- UPS Next Day Air® by Thursday, Dec. 22
- UPS 2nd Day Air® by Wednesday, Dec. 21
- UPS 3 Day Select® by Monday, Dec. 19
For domestic delivery by Christmas Eve, Saturday, Dec. 24, ship:
- UPS 2nd Day Air ® on Thursday, Dec. 22
- UPS Next Day Air ® on Friday, Dec. 23
- Dec. 15 — USPS Retail Ground™
- Dec. 20 — First-Class Mail®
- Dec. 21 — Priority Mail®
- Dec. 23 — Priority Mail Express®
- Dec. 16 – Free Shipping
- Dec. 19 – Standard Shipping
- Dec. 22 – Free, Two-Day with Prime
- Dec. 23 – One-Day Shipping, Free with Prime (In select cities)
Walmart (via US News & World Report Money)
• Friday, Dec. 16: Last day to ship via value shipping.
• Tuesday, Dec. 20: Last day to ship via standard shipping.
• Wednesday, Dec. 21: Last day to ship via expedited shipping.