Overland Park family believes malfunctioning lighter may have been cause of house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An Overland Park family believes a malfunctioning lighter may have caught their house on fire late Monday, Feb. 20, 2017.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. —  Two adults and two children are safe after their home caught fire Monday.

Firefighters were dispatched to the home near 95th and Lowell around 10:30 p.m.

Video from the Overland Park Fire Department shows the fire damaged the home’s garage as well as a hallway that leads to it.

The family believes a malfunctioning lighter may be to blame for starting it, but the exact cause is under investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.