Several residents of Willow Wind Apartments forced from homes after heating unit caught fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RAYTOWN, Mo. -- Residents of a Raytown, Mo., apartment complex were forced from their homes early Wednesday when smoke alarms went off.

Kansas City and Raytown firefighters were called to the Willow Wind Apartments off 40-Highway around 7:30 a.m.

They say a heating unit on the bottom floor caught fire, and filled up several apartments with smoke.

No one was hurt.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.