South KC home significantly damaged in fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A fire that started in an upstairs bedroom fully engulfed a home in south Kansas City before firefighters could arrive Wednesday morning.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A home in south Kansas City went up in flames Wednesday morning.

According to firefighters on the scene someone passing by the house, 8911 E. 99th Terrace, noticed flames and called 911. By the time firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed in flames.

Just after 10 a.m. flames appeared to be under control, but the roof of the home appeared to be significantly damaged.

Firefighters say the fire started in an upstairs bedroom.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.