Police say 2 people found dead in KCK Wal-Mart parking lot died of carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The two young people found dead in a Wal-Mart parking lot in KCK on Sunday died from carbon monoxide morning, police said.

KCK Police Chief Terry Zeigler tweeted out the cause of the deaths Tuesday afternoon.

Patrick McCallop, Kansas City, Kan., police spokesperson, said Sunday the victims are a white male and a white female. They were inside a car that was running. They have not yet been identified.

Police did not offer further details.