Police ID victims in carbon monoxide poisoning at KCK Wal-Mart, say deaths accidental

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Police identified two people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Wal-Mart parking lot on Sunday.

Authorities said the victims are 26-year-old Carolyn K. Williams-Cottier of Kansas City, Kan., and 30-year-old Trevor B. Roth of Dodge City, Kan.

On April 23 at approximately 7:30 a.m., officers were called to the Wal-Mart at 108th and Parallel Parkway to check on the welfare of two people in a vehicle. Upon arrival, police found the victims deceased inside the vehicle that was still running.

An autopsy later revealed the deaths to be accidental due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police did not provide further details at the time.

The incident remains under investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.